Click here to download the 2017 Media Kit.
Executive Director's Letter
Dear Card Industry Executive,
Welcome to Card Manufacturing magazine, the official publication of the International Card Manufacturers Association (ICMA). ICMA is the leading global organization specifically focused on the unique needs of card manufacturers and personalizers—and Card Manufacturing is the exclusive venue for you to address these needs. From the materials that go into and upon plastic cards, through manufacturing and personalization production techniques, to the latest industry news and technologies—Card Manufacturing covers them all. Please read about the outstanding advertising and editorial opportunities available to you and remember that if you want to reach card manufacturers, Card Manufacturing magazine is the place!
Jeffrey E. Barnhart
Founder / Executive Director
What is Card Manufacturing magazine?
As ICMA's official publication, Card Manufacturing supports, promotes and encourages the success and growth of companies and organizations that participate in the global card industry — including card manufacturers, card personalizers, principal issuing organizations, industry suppliers and service providers.
Published six times a year, the full-color Card Manufacturing reaches industry participants worldwide. Card Manufacturing is distributed at leading industry events around the globe (e.g. Trustech (formerly CARTES) and SEAMLESS Asia).
Every issue contains a rich mix of ICMA member and industry news, detailed technical feature articles about cards and card production, an official ISO Standards column, a products section, an industry calendar and more. Additionally, each issue is themed to different topics, such as Personalization & Fulfillment, Advanced Technologies, Card Materials and Equipment.
As Card Manufacturing's readers are primarily plant owners, production managers and other top management, as well as sales and marketing executives — and since all card production markets worldwide are represented within ICMA — Card Manufacturing is a staple for your card-focused media schedule!
ICMA welcomes editorial submissions pertaining to card manufacturing, personalization and general industry news. We accept features and news about companies, people, products, technology, methods, applications and industry news and trends.
How to submit editorial contributions:
Press releases: The deadline to submit press releases/news for each issue is reflected on the adjacent calendar. ICMA reserves the right to designate in what issue the news will be run, or if the news will be run, due to space constraints or other factors. E-mailed submissions are preferred. Please include 300 dpi graphics or photos in separate files (e.g. jpg, pdf, eps, etc.). Press releases will be placed in these magazine sections:
- Member and Product News (company news, new product announcements or changes)
- Industry News
- People News (e.g. promotions, new hires)
- Feature articles: A one- or two-paragraph abstract for a feature should be e-mailed to the editor before submission. Once approved, submit full copy at least two weeks before the press release/news deadline per adjacent chart. Features are tailored to the theme of each issue, but a feature can be submitted any time for any issue. (Features may be held for a specific issue to reflect the particular editorial themes). Features should be written to address technical or industry issues of card manufacturers, personalizers or breaking industry interests and should not be a sales piece. Case histories on successful card applications are also welcome. An author biography and photo for bylined articles are encouraged.
E-mail press releases, photos (300dpi) and feature articles to:
E-mail: Jennifer Kohlhepp
Click here to download the 2017 Media Kit.
>>ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS MAXIMIZE YOUR REACH
Banner Ad Placement
Space is limited; first-come, first-served. Exclusive for members only!
– Monthly association e-newsletter reaching over 1,500 people
Leader Board: 728w x 90h pixels – FREE to 4x member magazine advertiser
Display Ad: 160w x 400h pixels
– Weekly member news e-blast reaching over 1,500 people
Display Ad: 160w x 400h pixels – $500 per issue
Display Ad: 160w x 400h pixels – $1500 for 4 issues
>>CARD MANUFACTURING MAGAZINE
(All published rates are net)
|Member Rates (4-color)|
|Non-Member Rates (4-color)|
|1/2 Page||1/3 Page|
* If advertising in 3 issues (excluding Market Place ads) – FREE banner ad in monthly Inside ICMA, first-come, first-served.
** All ads running 6 times will receive a FREE ICMA website advertisement on the home page. Size of ad determines length of placement.
|Market Place Section (Black & White)|
- These rates are based on artwork being submitted, per posted instructions (see below).
- Inserts/Tip-ins are billed at the applicable full page rates, plus a tip-in charge that is based on the size and weight of the insert.
- All rates published are NET rates. Any agency commission required MUST be added to these rates by the agency. Member companies are responsible for ensuring agency payments are made.
- Invoices will be sent upon publishing of the issue and are due upon receipt.
- All accounts must be in good standing for acceptance of insertion orders.
- Content changes requested to be made by the publisher to already-submitted artwork will result in an additional fee.
- Color ads may be sent electronically or via FTP internet upload (50MB maximum size) (see http://cmasolutions.com/upload-artwork/).
- The file must be one of the following formats: EPS, TIF, JPG, InDesign, or Press Optimized PDF. Be sure to include any fonts and images linked to your file. All photos and logos must be high resolution (300dpi).
- Files that are larger than 3MB in size should NOT be sent via e-mail. Please send these via FTP.
- Card Manufacturing is printed on a high-speed, sheet-fed offset press. Line screen is 133.
- If we have not received your artwork by the published deadline, we reserve the right to use artwork submitted for a previous advertisement, or to cancel the ad.
- Black and white ads are for the Market Place section only. Ads may be sent electronically.
* Creative Marketing Alliance, the magazine's publisher, can provide design services for an additional charge. *
All advertisements are accepted by Card Manufacturing and its management firm, Creative Marketing Alliance, Inc. on the understanding that the advertiser and/or advertising agency is properly authorized to publish the entire contents and subject matter thereof. All copy, text and illustrations are subject to Card Manufacturing's approval before execution of order. Card Manufacturing reserves the right to reject any advertising at any time.
When changes in copy are not received by the closing date, copy run in previous issues will be inserted.
Cancellation is not accepted after closing date.
All contracts are accepted with the provision that rates are subject to change.
If an advertising contract is cancelled before the agreed number of insertions has appeared, a short rate adjustment will be made on space already run.
In consideration of Card Manufacturing's acceptance of such advertisements for publication, the agency and advertiser will indemnify and save harmless Card Manufacturing and Creative Marketing Alliance, Inc. (including their officers, employees and agents) against all loss, liability damage, and expense of whatsoever nature arising out of copying, printing, or publishing of its advertising, including without limitation, reasonable attorney's fees resulting from claims or suits for libel, violations of rights of privacy, plagiarism, and copyright or trademark infringement.