CardTREX North America: Education, Networking, Exclusive Tour of Entrust Datacard
What is CardTREX North America?
Well, we call it a regional journey in card education. It’s a day-and-a-half event that weaves together hot topics in card manufacturing and personalization, including both secure and non-secure cards. And it includes an interactive component in the form of a plant tour, along with multiple opportunities for networking and learning from on-site vendors.
“CardTREX was designed for our regional audiences and offers topics pertinent to our members’ operational representatives,” said Al Vrancart, ICMA founder emeritus and industry advisor. “At the same time, the events are short enough to allow for broad attendance from our member companies.”
The event is designed for technical and card production staff who are looking to elevate and empower themselves and their companies through a unique learning experience. This year, CardTREX North America will be held September 27-28 in Minneapolis, Minnesota. It will feature a behind-the-scenes tour of ICMA member card personalization equipment manufacturer Entrust Datacard in Shakopee Minnesota.
At Entrust, attendees will observe a manufacturing and facilities operations, including high-end personalization, card delivery and desktop personalization systems. They will also see demonstrations of access and identity software and printers, along with a product overview of Entrust’s Trusted Identity products.
CardTREX attendees will develop and enhance relationships through a networking dinner, ICMA’s signature Networking Zone and a Speed Share session. In the Networking Zone, production/operations personnel will have a chance to meet with industry suppliers. During Speed Share, exhibitors will discuss products and attendees will vote on the best product of the event.
Educational topics and presenters have been chosen to educate and challenge CardTREX attendees, who will learn and share in a comfortable, friendly environment. Topics include:
- Results-Driven Innovation in Packaging, Harriet Kessler, Director of Business Development, JohnsByrne
- Developing Technologies that May Affect Card Manufacturers, David Tushie, ICMA Standards & Technical Representative
- Innovative Materials Panel
- Alive and Well: Gift and Loyalty Cards are Here to Stay, Tiffany Milbrandt, National Account Manager, CARDSource
- What is the Wallet of the Future, Alyssa Arredondo, Director of Financial Vertical Marketing, Entrust Datacard
- Digital Printing, Guy Meeker, President and Chief Operating Officer, Teraco
- Trending Now– Expanding Card Life, Barry Mosteller, Director of Technology Engineering, CPI Card Group
- Testing for Card Quality, Brad Paulson, President, Eclipse Laboratories, Inc.
- Third Party Gift Card Market, Jim Cooney, President & COO, CPS Cards
Advanced Card Education (ACE) training and exams will also be available. The ACE designation is for card industry professionals who have demonstrated abilities and knowledge in technologies and processes in specific card manufacturing, personalization/fulfillment or advanced technology areas. ACE-M (Manufacturing), ACE-P (Personalization) and ACE-A (Advanced Technologies) will be available immediately prior CardTREX for ICMA members. For more information and to register, click here.
Join us by registering for CardTREX North America here.
For three decades, ICMA has represented the interests of the card manufacturing industry—which includes manufacturers, personalizers, issuers and suppliers—as its leading global association.